Are you an ambitious Technical Manager ready to embark on a new challenge with this award winning food business? Due to business growth this expanding food importer and distributor of own label and branded products is seeking a confident Technical professional to join their team in maintaining the company’s high standards.
In this instrumental technical role you’ll be managing a small but highly capable team to ensure the delivery of exceptionally high standards. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Taking full accountability for the technical elements of all products across defined customer and divisional accounts. You will build strong working relationships with customers as well as external manufacturing colleagues to manage expectations and ensure product consistency at all times.
• Managing specifications and working with NPD and Commercial teams to provide technical advice to guarantee successful product launches against the critical path whilst implementing systems to ensure food safety, quality and legality across the business.
• Leading and managing supplier visits and audits, ensuring all audit findings are reported and non-conformances promptly resolved through root cause analysis as well as reviewing product performance by leading benchmarking and production trials.
• Overseeing the maintenance of internal systems, pulling data to compile regular product and KPI reports to identify and drive continuous improvements across technical processes and the wider business.
• Developing and coaching your team, building on their collective knowledge of ingredient functionality as well as the latest food legislation in order to ensure the continued delivery of excellent quality for now and in the future.
We are looking for a perceptive and knowledgeable Technical Management professional with well-rounded technical experience within a food manufacturing environment, ideally retail. You’ll have a proven record of reviewing and improving internal processes and will have developed strong auditing and project management skills to ensure successful launches. A solid understanding of food science and legislation is essential along with the ability to devise and implement solutions to drive the highest levels of technical performance. In addition you’ll need to have excellent communication, negotiation and influencing skills in order to instil confidence within your retail customers as well as your team. You’ll also be able to establish priorities and delegate tasks effectively and efficiently whilst coaching and developing others to reach their full potential.
If you have the technical focus and passion to add value in this key facing role and help shape the future of this forward thinking team then we’d love to hear from you. Apply now or call us on 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.