Our client is a major supplier of premium chilled and frozen products for the UK retailers. With their people focussed approach coupled with their passion for creativity and responsible sourcing, they are now seeking a Specifications Technologist to join their technical team.
As a key member of the company’s dedicated technical team you’ll be responsible for:
• Creating, maintaining and updating product specifications according to customer briefs, whilst ensuring that all food safety and legal requirements are adhered to.
• Working closely with internal teams to ensure that specifications reach and exceed quality standards ready for approval to guarantee successful product launches.
• Managing and maintaining retailer specification systems and technical documentation to ensure all required information is readily available for key projects.
• Complete and submit weekly complaints trending summary report, ensuring the content is accurate and clear.
• Check artwork to ensure it is in line with pack copy and current food labelling legislation + regulations.
We are looking for a motivated Specifications Technologist who has previous experience in a similar role where you have used the retailer’s online spec systems. Ideally you’ll have a food science degree, although this is not essential as candidates with specific and relevant food manufacturing experience will also be considered. Good analytical, organisation and prioritisation skills alongside a keen eye for detail are a must in order to achieve success in this role as you will be working to tight deadlines. You will also have great communication skills as you will be in frequent liaison with internal and external colleagues as well as high profile customers.
If you have the drive and enthusiasm to take on a new challenge where you can progress your technical career then apply now or call us for more information 0345 2600 737.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.