Our client is a forward thinking food manufacturer, who are market leaders within their category, supplying a variety of fresh and exciting product ranges to major retail and food service companies throughout the UK. They are now looking for a pragmatic and focused Site Technical Manager to manage technical compliance and technical team.
Reporting to the Head of Technical, you’ll be responsible for all aspects of food safety, quality and legal compliance you’ll be the lead contact for all customer Technical Managers.
This will be achieved through:
• Managing the sites budget whilst developing and implementing Technical and Hygiene strategy across the business.
• Effective people management. Ensuring your team are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills to succeed, performance managing for key accountabilities and responsibilities.
• External customer and audit management, overseeing the preparation and delivery of all variants of customer visits and audits.
• Conducting reports to identify and rectify any non-conformances whilst carrying out root cause analysis of any risks, following up and resolving any issues.
• Developing accurate technical data for customer and audit requirements, working with others to ensure all information and corrective actions are achievable.
• Development and implementation of continuous improvement initiatives, consulting with other departments to improve food safety, quality and adherence to customer and audit requirements.
Suit a proactive and motivated Technical professional educated to degree level or with proven technical management experience. You’ll need to have experience in a customer facing role and have worked within a complex chilled, food manufacturing environment.
Advanced experience of HACCP and BRC standards is required along with a success of implementing changes to systems and procedures. You’ll have working knowledge of microbiology and hygiene with a Food Safety Level 2 as a minimum. Confident, competent and credible you will be able to instil confidence in customers and internal colleagues as well as strong people management skills.
If you are ready for your next Technical challenge with a growing food business then apply now or call our office to discuss on 0345 2600 737.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.