Our client is part of a large chilled food group in the UK who supply the major retailers with innovative products that are market leading. They are now looking for an exceptional Process Development Technologist to join their dynamic team and progress their career with this leading chilled food business.
Reporting to the Process Development Manager you will take ownership of the transition of new products from kitchen approval to production and launch. Your key responsibilities will include:
• Management of the critical path to ensure projects are successfully completed in line with agreed timescales and budgets whilst ensuring customer specifications are adhered to throughout the product lifecycle.
• Co-ordinating and participating in process, scale-up and pre-launch trials for all new products, compiling reports and providing feedback on costs and yield.
• Working closely with Quality and Technical teams to organise and attend shelf life and organoleptic tests to guarantee the highest levels of product quality and taste.
• Supporting NPD teams by providing advice on technical, quality and budgetary aspects of the development process whilst keeping customers updated at all stages of the critical path.
• Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues and guaranteeing excellent levels of service.
We are looking for a proactive and motivated Technologist with a Food Science or Technology qualification and some previous experience of working in a Process Development position within the food manufacturing industry. You’ll have an analytical and practical approach to tasks coupled with the desire to achieve results and drive continuous improvements. You must also have great attention to detail and the ability to effectively manage simultaneous projects as well as excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Ideally, you will have worked within chilled complex products but other product areas will be considered.
So if you have the skills and experience to take on this exciting role and are looking to enhance your career with a supportive food manufacturer then apply now.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.