Our client is one of the UK’s largest and most successful food groups producing delicious chilled products for the major retailers. They have invested heavily into their innovations strategy and they are now seeking a bright and inventive Packaging enthusiast to join their growing team.
In this cross functional role you’ll work in collaboration to ensure the successful launch of products to market through delivery of inspiring packaging solutions. Reporting to the Technical Manager, as part of the project team your key responsibilities will include:
• Maintaining, updating and implementing specification management systems, helping to develop a robust and detailed information source for all packaging requirements across the group.
• Conduct factory packaging trials, capturing relevant data, to ensure commercially viable designs with flawless finishes.
• Liaising with internal product development teams to deliver fit-for-purpose packaging solutions in line with product specifications and the latest food legislation
• Coordinating with packaging suppliers, managing supplier approval processes to ensure high standards are met whilst challenging existing procedures and driving continuous improvements.
• Reviewing raw materials documentation, preparing technical specifications and taking ownership of supplier print runs to ensure product and packaging quality is of the highest standard.
We are looking for a highly creative and innovative Packaging professional with a related qualification. Experience of working in a similar packaging development role within chilled food manufacturing would be an advantage, but a graduate with at least a year’s placement looking for that next step up the ladder would also be considered. A strong understanding of the packaging industry and technologies is also essential along with knowledge of consumer research techniques. You’ll need to have excellent organisation and prioritisation skills in order to effectively manage multiple projects along with a keen eye for detail, effective problem solving abilities and a flair for commercial creativity.
If you think you have what it takes to deliver amazing packaging projects for a successful food manufacturer then we’d love to hear from you. Apply now or call us on 0345 2600 737 to find out more.
Although we do our utmost to respond to all applicants, there are times when this is just not possible due to sheer volume so if you have not heard from us within 5 working days then we are sorry to say your application for this role has not been successful.
Also, please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.