Rapidly growing, this entrepreneurial and international food-to-go business place a premium on using high quality, fresh ingredients in all their products. As business booms the team need a bright and capable Food Technologist to be based at head office and take full technical responsibility for their amazing products.
In this pivotal technical role you’ll be responsible for the quality and safety of all the company’s products.
• Play a key role in implementing quality systems relating to BRC standards and securing the certification on behalf of the company.
• Driving product quality, auditing the supplier base including manufacturing partners whilst ensuring due diligence as well as improving standards and compliance.
• Respond to any issues or incidents regarding the quality, safety and legality of product ranges, acting as the brand guardian to guarantee consistently high standards.
• Support suppliers to comply with customers Technical requirements in addition to attending line trails and first productions.
• Work closely with the Product Managers to support the NPD process, approval of new suppliers, shelf-life testing, nutritionals and managing the specifications/artwork process.
We are looking for a confident Technical professional with a food science or related degree who has worked previously within food manufacturing or a branded food business. You must have experience of HACCP and implementing BRC standards with a successful track record of achieving excellence. You’ll have a solid understanding of food related legislations and the ability to influence and negotiate at a senior level.
A high level of computer literacy and a robust understanding of quality systems is essential along with the ability to work at pace and with accuracy. You must be able to juggle lots of different projects, not be afraid to get hands on when needed and thrive within an entrepreneurial company.
Interested in finding out more? Apply now or call 0345 2600 737 for a confidential chat.
Please note that we are only able to accept and respond to applications from candidates with eligibility to work in the UK and those who hold valid work visas.